First Responder Training
Responding to Utility Emergencies
We are pleased to provide you with a valuable new training resource
CMP Emergency Contact Number: 800.696.1000
Created for Fire, EMS, Police/Security, Public Works, Contractors, and Community Officials, Responding to Utility Emergencies (RTUE) offers FREE training to help you understand the hazards and maintain personal safety when working near electric and gas utilities and dealing with electric and gas emergencies.
Our training resource has two areas of focus:
- Fire and Rescue and Law Enforcement
- Public Works, Contractors, and Community Officials
These areas of focus will:
- Increase knowledge of how to respond to a utility emergency for fire and rescue personnel.
- Teach law enforcement participants how to assess the risks associated with a utility emergency.
- Help public works, contractors, and community officials gain and understand how knowledge and preparation can impact the outcome of a utility emergency.
Each training identifies the responsibilities, hazards, precautions, safety zones, and the role of each agency, and how to integrate and coordinate each agency’s response effectively and safely.
This in-person training conducted by Central Maine Power’s Public Education Team will provide an overview of storm response procedures, an introduction to our Transmission & Distribution systems, including substations, and address common issues faced when responding to electrical emergencies involving our system.
To schedule an in-person training, please email PublicEducation@cmpco.com, adding “RTUE” in the subject line along with your contact information in the body of the email.
Download a PDF of this information for printing and distributing offline as needed.