The Maine Public Utilities Commission has issued rules and procedures for Small Generator Interconnections under Chapter 324. These rules and procedures establish statewide standards for the interconnection of small renewable energy facilities to the energy grid. The purpose of these rules and procedures is to increase the efficiency of the interconnection process, encourage the increased use of renewable energy and distributed generation. We have provided links to the forms and agreements that need to be completed in order to begin the process.
For an overview of the requirements, see CMP’s Sch B -Transmission & Distribution Interconnection Requirements for Generation, also known as "The Blue Book".
Due to COVID-19 protocols, CMP will only be accepting electronic submissions of all interconnection applications. Please see temporary policies in place for specific interconnection levels further down on this webpage.
- Please use the following link to obtain a copy of Chapter 324.
- Please NOTE Application Fees Per Chapter 324:
- All Level 1 and Level 2 Applicants, please click here to access CMP’s COVID-19 temporary policy for Levels 1 and 2. This policy is in effect until further notice.
- Level 1 Application = $100
- Level 2 Application = $100 + $2 per kW
- All Level 3 and Level 4 Developers, please click here to access CMP’s COVID-19 temporary policy for Levels 3 and 4. This policy is in effect until further notice.
- Level 3 Application = $100 + $3 per kW
- Level 4 Application = $3,000
- For commercial customers submitting applications, please provide your tax id number
- As required by order of the Maine Public Utilities Commission, Small Generator Interconnection Applications will be evaluated under applicable screening criteria based on the overall AC generation capacity of the customer-generation facility at the point of interconnection.
- Please use the following link to access the most recent list of Central Maine Power’s Distribution Interconnection projects:
Central Maine Power MPUC Chapter 324 Interconnection Project List
- Monthly CMP Chapter 324 Waiver Report – DECEMBER
- Potential CMP High Side Over-Voltage Substations
- ISO New England compliance bulletin mod 032
- Chapter 324 Transmission FAQ
Monthly CMP Interconnections Question and Answer Webinar
Have questions about the Maine PUC Chapter 324 Level 4 interconnection process? Please join us the third Tuesday of every month from 1:00 – 2:00 PM for our monthly CMP Interconnections Question and Answer Session. The hour begins with a short PowerPoint presentation on the interconnection process, followed by a 45 minute question and answer session for attendees.
Interested in attending? Just send us an email at email@example.com and we will forward you a WebEx invitation for the next available Q&A session.
Forms and Agreements
You can access individual documents below in order to begin the process:
- Forms and Agreements 1: Definitions
- Forms and Agreements 2 - Level 1: Application for Certified, Inverter-Based Generating Facilities not greater than 25 kW
- Forms and Agreements 3 - Level 1: Interconnection Agreement
- Forms and Agreements 4 - Levels 2, 3 & 4: Interconnection Application
- Forms and Agreements 5 - Levels 2, 3, & 4: Interconnection Agreement
- Forms and Agreements 6: Certificate of Completion
- Forms and Agreements 7: Feasibility, Impact and Facilities Study Agreements
- Forms and Agreements 8: Interconnection System Impact Study Agreement
- Forms and Agreements 9: Interconnection Facilities Study Agreement
Process Overview by Level
- Level 1
- Level 2 (Coming Soon)
- Level 3 (Coming Soon)
- Level 4 (Coming Soon)
For Electronic Submission:
- Level 1 and Level 2 Applications Only –
- Please email electronic copies and supporting documentation to Interconnections.Dept@cmpco.com
- Level 3 and Level 4 Applications Only –
- Please email electronic copies and supporting documentation to Nathan.Pelletier@cmpco.com
If you wish to send completed, hard copies via USPS, the mailing address is:
Central Maine Power Company
Interconnection Services Department
c/o Nate Pelletier
83 Edison Drive
Augusta, Maine 04336
To request additional information concerning the process, please contact 207.629.2356.
In-depth Net Energy Billing Information/Application (In order to apply for Customer Net Energy Billing you will need to fill out the required Chapter 313 Application, this is IN ADDITION to the Interconnection)