Save up to $15,000 off an electric vehicle!
Our new Electric Vehicle Grant Program is designed to encourage the use of plug-in hybrid and electric cars in Maine. You could receive up to $15,000 to help purchase or lease an electric vehicle for your organization!
This is a great opportunity for your organization to save money while trying out new electric vehicle technology. And at the same time, you’ll add some visibility to your organization and show its commitment to the environment. Read the Program details below and submit your application today!
- A limited number of grant awards, up to $15,000 per organization, are available. The grants will be used to purchase or lease an electric vehicle. You may also use a portion of the grant award to purchase and install a Level 2 (240 volt) or Level 3 (direct current) vehicle charging station.
- Grants may be in the amount up to $15,000 per recipient, or a lesser amount, based on the quantity and quality of applications we receive.
- You will have the option to purchase or lease an eligible PEV. If you choose to lease a PEV, it must be for a minimum period of 24 months.
- If you are selected as a grant recipient, you will have up to one month to sign a purchase or lease agreement with an electric vehicle auto dealer and/or charging station provider. You will have up to three months to take possession of the vehicle and/or charging station.
To learn the most from our Electric Vehicle Grant Program, we hope to cover a range of geographic areas, include different types of businesses and organizations, and support a variety of electric vehicle models. In addition, we will seek to award grants to organizations that:
- Share our strong commitment to the environment
- Will maximize the time their PEV(s) spend on the road
- Demonstrate a desire to further adopt PEV technology
- Are likely to operate and maintain the PEV in a responsible manner
- Special consideration will be given to applicants that have plans to evaluate the use of electric vehicles as an option to store off-peak energy for use during peak periods and/or for frequency or voltage support.