Companies with vision flourish in Maine. CMP supports a strong, healthy economy in Maine by assisting existing customers with expansion, attracting new customers, and promoting economic growth.
Maine is business ready. Take a look at some of the benefits enjoyed by Maine’s businesses.
- Highly productive labor force with a strong work ethic
- Some of the lowest wage rates in the Northeast
- Low absentee and turnover rates
- Free, pre-employment training
- Worker’s Compensation reforms which have resulted in a rate decrease of 35.1% since 1994
- Financial incentives including income tax credits and tax breaks
- One of the nation’s most advanced and reliable telecommunications networks
- No state tax on interstate calls
- Easy access to domestic and global markets
- Industrial electric rates that are the lowest in New England
- Reliable electricity capacity (Maine is a net exporter of electricity)
- Off-the-shelf programs and incentives for business growth from CMP