Living in America’s most forested state is incredibly special, but it also presents challenges. CMP is building a stronger safer grid for Maine. We have invested $3 billion to improve our infrastructure over the last decade – ensuring that Mainers can power on.
- New, stronger power lines that resist fallen trees and branches
- New, sturdier poles that weather Maine’s toughest storms
- New animal guards to keep Maine’s wildlife safe and prevent outages
- Tree care plans to mitigate damage
- New automation to reduce outage impacts
We're making improvements to better serve our communities
We know you count on us to provide you with the power you need, when you need it, and we take that responsibility seriously. As part of our commitment to provide safe, reliable service to all of our customers, we are investing in our delivery system that will provide additional power to fill growing demand, increase reliability, and accommodate growth and economic development in our service areas.
All of our upgrades mean one thing for you: you'll have reliable, high-quality power when you need it.
Projects - CMP Reliability Projects Website
- Non-Wire Alternatives
- Section 31 (Topsham to Brunswick)
- Section 1 (Augusta to Vassalboro)
- Section 151 - 160 (Fore River, South Portland)
- Section 238A (Biddeford)
- Bowman Street Substation (Farmingdale)
- Forest Avenue Substation (Portland)
- Dunstan Substation (Scarborough)
- East Wilton Distribution Substation
- NERC Alert Project (Completed in 2020; to Structure upgrades to meet federal standards).