A Smart Meter helps you know your own power
Smart Meter Basics
Smart Meters are the new standard for CMP’s customers. A Smart Meter uses electronic technology to measure your electricity use. Unlike older meters, however, a Smart Meter stores hourly readings electronically instead of using dials to show just the total use. Each day, the meter sends a reading to CMP by a low power radio signal.
The radio in CMP’s Smart Meters is similar to other common electronics such as wireless Internet systems, laptop computers, and baby monitors. Our meters comply with safety and operating standards set by the Federal Communications Commission. Customers who don’t want a standard meter can choose between two non-standard, special options.
It is very unlikely that a smart meter would interfere with a wireless network or an FCC-approved wireless device such as a cordless phone. If some interference should occur, see our simple tips here, or you can call 1-877-887-0356 for assistance.
Savings and Convenience for you
- More and better information to help you save. You’ll get a detailed account of your
energy use on our website.
- Identify outages faster when big storms hit. CMP will be able to verify when power has been restored with information from our Smart Meters.
- More accurate billing because we get your usage information everyday, reducing the
need for estimated bills.
- Faster service when you want to open a new account or close an existing account.
- Faster diagnosis and response to power quality problems.
Important information if you opt out of a smart meter:
The initial fee will be billed to you upon selection of your option.
Monthly charges will begin by the latter of October 1, 2011 or the date you choose your option.
Income qualified customers may receive a discount.
In most cases, the Smart Meter is installed in the location of your old meter. You may choose to relocate your meter at your expense. Terms and conditions apply and can be viewed here.
Here are your options