Your Account 
service and assistance

We strive to provide you with reliable electricity delivery.  Our work doesn’t stop there—we also have many services designed to meet the variety of needs you or your family members may have:

Friend Alert
Our Friend Alert Third Party Notification service offers you extra peace of mind.  A friend, agency or organization you designate will receive a copy of any important notices we may send to you.  For more information, please call CMP at 1-800-750-4000.

Hearing and Speech Impairment Assistance
If you use a telephone (TTY) device in your home, just dial 711 and ask the Maine Relay Service operator to contact CMP at 1-800-750-4000.

Electricity Lifeline Program
The Electricity Lifeline Program (ELP) offers qualified low-income customers a credit on their electric bill. This credit is based on household income and estimated electricity usage. This credit is applied to your bill in one lump sum.  See our fact sheet for more information.

Arrears Management Program
The Arrears Management Program (AMP) offers qualified low-income customers help in reducing their past due balance. See our fact sheet for more information.

Lifelight Service
If you have life support systems or other special needs that depend on electricity service, you will be notified of planned interruptions of service for scheduled maintenance or repairs. And, we'll contact you during extended unplanned outages with information to help you plan for your needs. For more information see our fact sheet . To apply for this service, please print and fill out this form. Your healthcare provider must approve your need for medical equipment.


Local Community Action Program (CAP) Agencies

Contact your local CAP Agency to apply for benefits to help pay your utility bills.

Augusta Area:
Kennebec Valley Community Action
Buker Community Center
22 Armory Street
Augusta, Maine  04330
Tel: 1-800-542-8227
Tel:  207-622-4761


Kittery Area:
York County Community Action Corp.
120 Rogers Road
Kittery, Maine 03904
Tel:  1-800-965-5762
Tel:  207-439-2699

Bangor Area:
Penquis Community Action Program
262 Harlow Street
Bangor, Maine  04402-1162
Tel:  1-800-215-4942
Tel:  207-973-3630


Lewiston Area:
Community Concepts
240 Bates Street
Lewiston, ME 04240
Tel: 1-800-866-5588
Tel: 207-795-4065

Bath Area:
Kennebec Valley Community Action
62 Middle Street
Wiscasset, Maine  04578
Tel:  207-849-1500
Tel:  800-542-8227

Cumberland County Area:
The Opportunity Alliance
50 Lydia Lane
South Portland, Maine 04106
Tel: 207-874-1175
Tel: 1-877-429-6884

Belfast Area:
Waldo Community Action Partners
9 Field Street, P.O. Box 130
Belfast, Maine  04915     
Tel:  1-800-498-3025
Tel:  207-338-3025 

Rockland Area:
Penquis Community Action Program
315 Main Street
Rockland, Maine 04841
Tel: 1-800-215-4942
Tel: 207-596-0361


Biddeford Area:
York County Community Action Corp.
15 York Street / Building 9
Biddeford, Maine 04005
Tel:  1-800-644-4202
Tel:   207-283-2402


Sanford Area:
York County Community Action Corp.
6 Spruce Street
Sanford, Maine 04073
Tel: 1-800-965-5762
Tel: 207-324-5762

Dover-Foxcroft Area:
50 North Street
Dover-Foxcroft, Maine 04426
Tel: 1-800-215-4942
Tel: 207-564-7116

South Paris Area:
Community Concepts, Inc.
17-19 Market Square
South Paris, Maine 04281
Tel: 1-800-866-5588
Tel: 207-743-7716


Ellsworth Area:
Washington Hancock Community Agency
248 Bucksport Road
Ellsworth, Maine 04605
Tel: 207-664-2424

Skowhegan Area:
Kennebec Valley Community Action Program
26 Mary Street
Skowhegan, Maine 09476
Tel: 1-800-542-8227
Tel: 207-474-8487

Farmington Area:
Western Maine Community Action Corp.
20A Church Street, P.O. Box 200
East Wilton, Maine 04234
Tel: 1-800-645-9636
Tel: 207-645-3764
Waterville Area:
Kennebec Valley Community Action Program
97 Water Street
Waterville, Maine 04901
Tel: 1-800-542-8227
Tel: 207-859-1500


more information

If you are interested in learning more or enrolling in any of these free services, contact us or call us at 1-800-750-4000.


providing ID

If you have been asked to provide proof of identification, please go to this page with instructions and download the Application for Electric Service, have it notarized, and return it to us.