Central Maine Power Company, 83 Edison Drive, Augusta, ME 04336 (207) 622-NEWS
Corporate Communications - firstname.lastname@example.org
Release: Immediate - An Energy East Company
J.D. Power survey ranks CMP number one in customer satisfaction
AUGUSTA, Maine, July 17, 2008 — Central Maine Power Company (CMP) is number one in residential customer satisfaction among large and medium utilities in the east, according to an annual survey by J.D. Power and Associates, a global marketing information services company.
CMP earned high marks from customers based on power quality and reliability; price; billing and payment; corporate citizenship; communications; and customer service.
“To see the skill and dedication of our employees – and the results they have achieved – recognized in the survey results from a highly-respected firm such as J.D. Power is extremely gratifying to all of us,” said CMP President and CEO Sara Burns.
CMP’s top ranking in the J.D. Power survey comes at a time when the company has intensified its focus on providing outstanding customer service and value. Initiatives include:
• $160 million in investments in 2008 to improve capacity and reliability across the CMP service area.
• Increasing expenditures for line inspection and tree trimming to enhance reliability.
• Adopting of a new, five-year rate-cap plan to keep prices stable through 2013.
• Taking a leadership role in proposing long-term plans to keep Maine’s power system reliable while helping the state promote renewable energy development and meet environmental and economic goals.
• Fine-tuning plans with local and state agencies to ensure fast, effective response whenever major storms or emergencies strike.
• Redesigning the CMP’s Web site to include new user-friendly, interactive tools for customers who want to manage their account and/or pay their bills online.
Burns said that CMP will continue to explore new technologies and other innovative ways to enhance customer service.
“CMP has always worked very hard to provide the best possible service and value to our customers,” Burns said.
About CMP: Central Maine Power, a subsidiary of Energy East Corporation, operates more than 25,000 miles of power lines and other facilities that deliver electricity to 80 percent of Maine’s population. Web site: www.cmpco.com.
About Energy East: Energy East Corporation is a respected, super-regional energy services and delivery company serving about 3 million customers throughout upstate New York and New England. By providing outstanding customer service and meeting customers’ energy requirements in an environmentally responsible manner, Energy East will continue to be a valuable asset to the communities we serve.
— CMP —