Central Maine Power Company is committed to meeting high standards of environmental stewardship in the communities we serve and to conducting business in a manner that minimizes adverse environmental impacts on present and future generations. The following principles and actions provide a framework for Central Maine Power's environmental stewardship and sustainable business practices:
- Design an Environmental Management System that enables us to systematically plan, implement and continually improve the processes and actions we take to meet our business and environmental goals;
- Comply with all applicable requirements of environmental laws, regulations, permit requirements and company policies applicable to our operations;
- Incorporate environmental impact considerations into decision-making processes concerning existing and future operations;
- Support the conservation of energy and natural resources through strategic planning, efficient operating practices, technology and consumer education;
- Minimize waste through recycling and other means, and properly manage any waste that is created;
- Support and implement actions designed to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and counteract global climate change;
- Foster a culture where employees have the encouragement, training, knowledge and resources necessary to perform their job in a manner consistent with this policy;
- Participate in the development of standards and guidelines in support of environmental stewardship;
- Communicate and demonstrate our commitment to sound environmental policies and practices; and
- Support others who share Iberdrola USA's commitment to environmental stewardship and sustainable development.
Implementation of this policy is the responsibility of all Iberdrola USA people. The Board of Directors regularly reviews environmental strategies and
performance under this policy.