The Maine Public Utilities Commission has issued rules and procedures for Small Generator Interconnections under Chapter 324. These rules and procedures establish statewide standards for the interconnection of small renewable energy facilities to the energy grid. The purpose of these rules and procedures is to increase the efficiency of the interconnection process, encourage the increased use of renewable energy and distributed generation. We have provided a link to the forms and agreements that need to be completed in order to begin the process.
- Please use the following link to obtain a copy of Chapter 324.
- Please NOTE Application Fees Per Chapter 324:
- Level 1 Application = $100
- Level 2 Application = $100 + $2 per kW
- Level 3 Application = $100 + $3 per kW
- Level 4 Application = $100 + $4 per kW
- Max $2,000
- Max $2,000
- For commercial customers submitting applications, please provide your tax id number
- As required by order of the Maine Public Utilities Commission, Small Generator Interconnection Applications will be evaluated under applicable screening criteria based on the overall AC generation capacity of the customer-generation facility at the point of interconnection.
Forms and Agreements
You can access individual documents below in order to begin the process:
- Forms and Agreements 1: Definitions
- Forms and Agreements 2 - Level 1: Application for Certified, Inverter-Based Generating Facilities not greater than 25 kW
- Forms and Agreements 3 - Level 1: Interconnection Agreement
- Forms and Agreements 4 - Levels 2, 3 & 4: I nterconnection Application
- Forms and Agreements 5 - Levels 2, 3, & 4: Interconnection Agreement
- Forms and Agreements 6: Certificate of Completion
- Forms and Agreements 7: Feasibility, Impact and Facilities Study Agreements
- Forms and Agreements 8: Interconnection System Impact Study Agreement
- Forms and Agreements 9: Interconnection Facilities Study Agreement
Please send electronic copies by email to email@example.com.
If you wish to send completed, hard copies via USPS, the mailing address is:
Central Maine Power Company
c/o Nate Pelletier
83 Edison Drive
Augusta, Maine 04336
To request additional information concerning the process, please contact 207.621.4732.
In-depth Net Energy Billing Information/Application (In order to apply for Customer Net Energy Billing you will need to fill out the required Chapter 313 Application, this is IN ADDITION to the Interconnection)