COVID-19 and Our Response
We are prepared and will continue to provide safe and reliable service
Your safety and the safety of our communities is our priority. As the situation surrounding the coronavirus continues to evolve, we are taking extra measures to ensure the ongoing safety of our customers and employees. And, we are implementing our plans to provide safe, reliable service to you.
CMP's parent company, AVANGRID, Inc., and the Avangrid Foundation have announced a $2 million commitment to support national and local organizations that support vulnerable communities as they deal with the coronavirus pandemic.
If your electricity is out, report it online, or by calling 800.696.1000. We’ll restore power as quickly and safely as possible. Always stay away from downed power lines.
Maintaining Safe and Reliable Service for You
- Our Comprehensive Emergency Response Plan has been activated - We are committed to maintaining your service.
- Our smart meters enable us to complete most service connections and disconnections without visiting your location. Should a site visit be necessary, we have implemented additional safety practices for our crews and will continue to turn on or off your service if requested.
Online Account Management Tools
We strongly encourage you to use our digital tools:
- Use our website to pay your bill, view outage information, start new service and more.
- Call our self-service number 800.750.4000 anytime 24/7 to pay your bill, check your account balance and more.
- Make a one-time payment online at your convenience. You may also enroll in eBill to receive and pay your bill online.
- Access Energy Manager to understand your usage.
- Email your non-urgent requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
Help With Bills
- We have suspended late payment charges.
- We have suspended all disconnections for non-payment.
- We have suspended required security deposits for new accounts.
- Please call us if you would like to discuss your account and manage your payments.
- You may qualify for assistance. Please visit our Help With Bill page or call to learn more.
- Service visits: We have suspended all non-essential work that would require entry into customer homes.
- Pay in Person: We encourage you to pay online. If you must pay in person, please confirm whether locations are open before traveling.
- Scam Alert: We have recently received reports of scammers attempting to exploit the current public health crisis. We urge customers to be on the alert.
Report coronavirus fraud and get more info at www.justice.gov/coronavirus.