Building and Remodeling
- Line extension pricing on page 7 of the Getting Connected booklet
- New service Assistance Credit
- Protect your equipment
- Standard Requirements
- Handbook of Requirements for Electric Service and Meter Installations
- Handbook of Requirements for Meter Mounting Equipment Requirements and Options Supplement
- Permanent Electric Service
This checklist will walk you through the steps required to install new, permanent electric service. Find out more
- Temporary Electric Service
Arrange for temporary electric service by following the steps on this checklist. Find out more
- CMP Built Line Extension
Arrange for a CMP built line extension using this checklist. Find out more
- Private Line Extension
If you are installing a private line extension, use this checklist to meet all of CMP's requirements for service. Find out more
The CIAC tax adder is currently 15%, as of April 1, 2022.
Forms and permits
- After a Fire or Flood
When you're ready to reconnect after a fire or flood, this form assures us the electricity can be safely turned on.
- Municipal Inspectors
Before energizing new service, CMP requires the approval of local electrical inspectors in municipalities that have them.
- Form 1190
Certify that you have the necessary subdivision and shoreline zoning permits.
- Easement Worksheet
Gather the information you'll need to prepare an Easement to CMP for new service.
- Form 1360
Certify that your single-family home has been inspected by a state or local inspector, master electrician, or limited electrician in house wiring prior to receiving new service.
- Distribution Construction Standards (PDF)