Electric Vehicle Matching Grant Program
Through our 2015 Electric Vehicle Matching Grant Program, we want to encourage further regional adoption of plug-in electric vehicles (PEVs).
Non-profits in CMP’s service area will be able to learn more about the benefits of electric mobility and learn how it can be a practical, cost-effective alternative to the combustion engine.
This is a great opportunity for your organization to see for yourself the economic and environmental benefits of the newest electric vehicle technology. And, you’ll add visibility to your organization, educate others and demonstrate your commitment to sustainable transportation. Read the program details below and submit your application today!
The application period has ended.
A limited number of "matching grants" are available for non-profit organizations throughout our service area to purchase or lease an electric vehicle, or to install an electric vehicle charging station.
- Maximum grant award is $5,000 towards the purchase or lease of a Plug-in electric vehicle (PEV), or;
- Maximum grant award is $2,500 toward the purchase and deployment of a level 2 or level 3 charging station at a private host site, such as to facilitate workplace or fleet charging.
- Grant awards are matching funds and may be less than the maximum amount levels listed above. Grant awards will not exceed the amount contributed by the grant recipient
- Limit one grant award per application.
- Awards will be contingent on the availability of the participant’s contribution of an equal or greater matching amount.
Expectations of grant recipient
- Sign and comply with the Electric Vehicle Grant Agreement.
- Participate in promotional efforts related to the grant program.
- Additional consideration for PEV grants will be given to applicants that plan to invest in electric vehicle technology beyond the amount of the matching grant.
- Additional consideration for charging station grants will be given to applicants who plan to allow public access to the charging station.
- Additional consideration for charging station grants will be given to applicants that plan to install multiple charging stations.
- Applications may be submitted until June 30, 2015.
- Some grants may be awarded before the application deadline, so we encourage you to apply earlier if possible.
In order to be considered for our EV matching grant program, applicants must:
- Be a CMP customer.
- Be a non-profit organization, not a business, municipality, or an individual residential customer.
- Agree to work with CMP to co-promote your electric vehicle or charging station and your participation in this program. Examples could include, but are not limited to:
- Issue a joint press release announcing the grant award.
- Place signage from CMP on the vehicle and/or charging station(s).
- Allow CMP to include your organization’s participation in our marketing materials.
- Participate in special promotional events.
- Purchase or lease an eligible PEV or purchase and install a level 2 or 3 charging station:
- Eligible vehicles are limited to:
- Chevrolet Volt
- Nissan LEAF
- Ford Transit Connect EV
- Ford Focus EV
- Ford CMAX energi
- Ford Fusion energi
- Toyota Prius Plug-In
- Mitsubishi iMiEV
- Smart For Two electric drive
- Eligible charging stations are:
- Electric Vehicle Service Equipment (EVSE) manufacturer providing a UL or comparably listed product.
- Network or subscription-based provider (e.g. Chargepoint) is not required.
- If leasing an electric vehicle, the lease must be for a minimum period of 24 months.
- Propose to provide matching financial contribution equal to or greater than requested award and demonstrates financial capacity support participation in the pilot for up to two years.
Exclusions: Subsidiaries or contractors of Central Maine Power or Iberdrola USA are not eligible. Electricity Supply companies are not eligible. Grant awards are not available for businesses or organizations to apply towards an electric vehicle or charing station that was previously purchased, or that is in the process of being purchased, prior to this program.