The Maine Power Reliability Program will create jobs here in Maine. The project will systain an average of 2,000 jobs annually during the five years of construction.
MPRP Business & Employment Expo
Click here for details about the MPRP Business & Employment Expo, scheduled for Tuesday, Jan. 18, 2011, at the Augusta Civic Center.
to see a map of the MPRP project area.
- 12/20/10 Power Line Construction in Maine Set to Add up to 1,000 New Jobs
- 09/28/10 IBERDROLA, IBERDROLA USA and CMP kick off $1.4 billion transmission project and $166 million advanced metering project
- 05/14/10 Maine utility regulators approve $1.4 billion transmission line investment
- 02/01/10 Central Maine Power gains regional funding for transmission line
- 10/22/09 CMP grid improvements gain ground
- 03/05/09 CMP highlights job creation and economic benefits from $1.5 billion transmission upgrade
- 07/01/08 CMP plans to invest up to $1.4 billion
Learn more about the companies putting people to work, thanks to the MPRP
(Click on photo to enlarge)
Crews begin site preparation work at the new Albion Road Substation in Benton.
Crews set the first pole near the new Albion Road Substation in Benton.
An aerial view of the new Albion Road Substation under construction on a 30-acre site in Benton.